What Companies Need To Know About Digital Marketing
Moving out of old school marketing
It is no obscure knowledge that the whole world exists now on the internet. Everything that is anything of value is now somewhere on the internet. This is especially true in the world of marketing and the way people shop for things. The days of going into a physical store to shop are fast becoming obsolete and so should the way sellers connect with their buyers. This is where digital marketing is quickly expanding to new higher and higher importance.
What is digital marketing?
Marketing has always been about connecting sellers to prospective buyers in the right place and at the right time. Digital marketing includes all aspects of traditional old-school marketing and turning it into an online version. Digital marketing leverages digital platforms and media such as emails, social media, and search engines. Additionally, digital marketing allows companies to reach larger audiences faster as the internet now exists and is available in every conceivable form.
What is the role of digital marketing to companies?
Digital marketing, simply put, turns every existing traditional marketing system a company has into a digital form. A company that usually markets its services through print media may have its marketing done now through email blasts. Another example is if a company used to pay for celebrities to carry their brand name a company can now pay influencers to carry their brand.
How can companies gain from switching to digital marketing?
As mentioned, the entire world is quickly switching to digital platforms. By emulating this change, companies can take advantage of the growing market available. By going digital, companies can better reach online audiences which may turn into prospective buyers of the items they are selling or services they are offering as almost everyone is now online somewhere and somehow.
What are types of digital marketing can companies employ?
There are numerous ways digital marketing can be employed to market a company. These ways are briefly summarized below:
- Digital marketing through social media
– Having a product or service that have a known presence on all social media platforms almost always guarantees that someone somewhere can see it.
– Everybody uses a search engine, in some cases, everything that a person does begins and ends with a search engine search, and having a tip-top SEO guarantees that everyone searching for a particular product or service will see yours.
- Pay Per Click
– Simply put, this is where you pay an online publisher for the opportunity to show your ads on their sites.
- Paying for influencers
– Paying for influencers to carry your brand is similar to old school style of marketing where you pay a celebrity to do the same job.